Ark Care Services is an organisation run by a team of consultants who specialise in all aspect of the care industry: right from the hands on practical experience in dealing with service users in the care home, recruiting and selecting the best staff in the industry all the way to the management for quality assurance.
The organisation is a registered provider with the regulatory authority to provide residential care to elderly male and female over the age of 65. We are able to care for individuals with dementia but not nursing care.
The environment in our care homes is that of home-way-from home. The buildings are the not
constructed with commercial interest but on the basis that it is somebody’s home. All our buildings are well laid out with at least two or three lounges, dining room, a quiet lounge and a toilet is only a couple of steps away. At Ark Care Services our service users are an individual and not a number. Our care homes have both open and enclosed gardens where service users can enjoy the outdoors safely.
Our services users each have their own private room majority of which is en-suite. Service users are encouraged to personalise their rooms with pictures, furniture or items that will make it feel homely. All bedrooms have a television with freeview channels and all lounges have a television and DVD player. The care homes have a dedicated service user’s telephone line to make and receive calls privately and there is a computer at some care homes for service user’s majority of the time for Skype but many use it to assess social media websites as well.
Delicious and nutritious meals are served every day in the relaxing dining rooms or in the service user’s bedroom if they prefer. Each individual’s dietary needs are also taken into account. The varied four weekly menu offers a choice of dishes, many being old favourites such as sausage and liver casserole, beef and onion pie, braised steak in gravy, bubble and squeak and a traditional roast every Sunday.
The care home provide regular activities including floor games, board games, reminiscence games, outdoor games (weather permitting) and there is a dedicated Activities Co-ordinator and visiting musicians as well. Our service users produce beautiful cards during their Art & Craft Classes.
That’s not all, our other complimentary services includes:
Hairdresser – A local stylist visits weekly and charges are very reasonable. Alternatively we can arrange for the individual to visit their regular salon, if they prefer and following a risk assessment.
Physiotherapist – This can be arranged privately, when requested.
Foot Care – Private local Chiropodist visits every six weeks.
Dentist/Optician – previous professionals can be visited or visit the care home if the postcode is within their catchment area: the choice is yours. However all service users can be seen by the local healthcare providers who visits the care homes
General Practitioner – You should be able to retain your GP if he or she practises in the area, but if this is not possible we can help you to transfer to a local surgery.
In delivering quality care, the company ethos is based on the following:
- To enable you to lead your life with the maximum fulfilment and independence
- To give you the highest quality care and the services you would choose
- To provide you with the security that you need
- To safeguard your privacy, dignity and rights
Ark Care Services believe that every person has the right to retain those individual characteristics, which promote independence and safeguard the ability to make choices and decisions about their own lives.
We will do all that is possible to protect the rights of our service users and if they are no longer able to make an informed choice, we will work with others to ensure that any decisions made on their behalf are “those that the service user would have made if he or she were able to do so.
Aims, Objectives, Philosophy of Care
OUR PHILOSOPHY OF CARE
- Maintain and, if possible, improve a service user’s quality of life.
- Encourage service users to maintain links with the community.
- Involve service user’s and, if they wish, their families and friends, in all matters concerning their health and welfare.
- Provide short stay trials as an introduction to our Home and, as a help for carers, with home care complementing this service.
- Provide continual assessment to ensure that individual needs continue to be met
- To provide a friendly, caring and supportive environment which service users will feel happy, secure and at home in.
- Quality care is delivered by a dedicated team of professional carers irrespective of the service users’ financial status, sex, race or any other factor.
- To meet each individual needs wherever practicable and listen when they want to be heard.
- To offer holiday or respite breaks, to enable carers and significant others so they may recharge their energy cells.
- To maintain dignity, privacy and independence of service users.
- To encourage achievement and promote self-esteem.
- Provide 24hour caring service within a homely environment
- Support and encourage service users to make informed choices about their own care and decisions regarding the day-to-day running of the home.
- Organise the home in a manner that demonstrates respect for individual’s rights, promotes individuality and acknowledges the need for privacy.
- Provide training and/or professional development for all staff.
- Investigate all complaints, taking the appropriate action to ensure that standards are maintained.