Complaints Procedure

Complaint Policy

A complaint is any form of contact from, or on behalf of, a service user/visitor who is not satisfied with any part of the service.

Our target is to give you no cause for complaint but, we realise that, even in the best run organisations, there may be times when things go wrong and you may not be happy with the service you receive and we need you to tell us about it.

We aim to resolve all complaints about our services in an effective and timely manner by working with individual complainants to find a resolution.

We are committed to continually improving our service, so all our complaints are analysed and used to enhance the way we deliver our service and care for our service users. We may ask your feedback on the service that you have received. Please take the time and opportunity to let us know your views as your feedback is valuable to us. If you have any suggestions or ideas that you would like to share with us, please let us know.

How to Complain

In person 

Voice complaint verbally, to the person-in-charge of shift, within 24 hours of incident, who should attempt to resolve it on the spot.

If Unresolved

Voice complaint verbally to the Manager or Directors/Proprietors within 48 hours of incident, who will attempt to resolve the issue, as soon as possible.

By telephone or in writing (letter, fax, email, complaint form) submitted to the care home or head office (address in the service user guide in the bedroom and displayed at the care home) 

Who will investigate the issue fully and then within a minimum of 28 days, give a written report to the service user / relative, explaining fully the actions taken. Where investigations are not concluded in 28days, you will be contacted and kept updated.

If this is still Insufficient

Funded service users can contact their allocated care manager. (This person will be the Social Worker responsible for the placement to the care home and continued monitoring)

Private self funding service users can also contact the ombudsman as detailed below:

The Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771
Coventry CV4 0EH

Tel: 0300 061 0614 or 0845 602 1983
Fax: 024 7682 0001


Contact the regulatory authority

Care Quality Commission (CQC)

National Customer Service Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne

Tel: 03000 616161
Fax: 03000 616171

Stating the name of the Home, times, date, circumstances of the complaint, and the events surrounding, the complaint. Please also include any actions taken, to try to resolve the problem, and their outcome.

Please Note: Even though the above is the procedure, service users, service user representative and stakeholders have the right to contact CQC at any stage of the above process.